Recipe: Pumpkin Sheet Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
It’s that time of year again — PUMPKIN EVERYTHING!!! Instead of going to the store or bakery, you can make your own super easy pumpkin cake at home with a recipe from Eat at Home.
Ingredients & Directions for Pumpkin Cake:
- 16 oz can of pumpkin
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Beat the pumpkin, sugar and oil in a medium mixing bowl. Then add eggs and mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add to the pumpkin mixture, beating until well blended.
- Pour into a greased 10×15 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool the cake completely and then frost it with the cream cheese frosting.
Here’s what you’ll need for the frosting:
Ingredients & Directions For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 5 Tbs of butter, softened
- 3 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1-3/4 cups of powdered sugar
- 3-4 tsp of milk
- Optional: Chopped nuts or fall candies for the top
- Beat the butter and cream cheese together. Add the vanilla and blend till smooth.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and mix well.
- Add the milk a bit at a time until you get it to a spreadable consistency.
- Spread gently and evenly over the cooled pumpkin cake.
- Optional: Add the nuts or candies to the top of the cake evenly or in a decorative fashion.