Recipe: 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Cake with Apple Cider Glaze
Seriously, only 2-ingredients for the cake! You can’t go wrong. This is going to be a yearly recipe. Pin it so you can save it for years to come!
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 can (15 oz) of pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp apple cider
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Empty the contents of the boxed cake mix and pumpkin puree into a large bowl. Using a hand or stand mixer, beat until well mixed together. The batter will be very thick, but it will mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased 7 x 11 x 2 pan (the small rectangular pan). Bake at 350-degrees for 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. DO NOT OVER BAKE!
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan, then flip cake onto a plate. While waiting for the cake to cool in the pan, make the gaze.
- Combine powdered sugar, apple cider, and pumpkin pie spice. Glaze should be thick, but thin enough to pour. Add more sugar or apple cider to find the right consistency.
- Pour glaze over the cake while it’s still warm to allow it to harden onto the cake.
- Make more glaze or set aside some to pour onto each piece when served.