How to Cook Pumpkin Seeds
Most families like to save their pumpkin seeds from the pulp of their jack-o’-lanterns and allow them to dry. Then which recipe is the best for those pumpkin seeds? This 5-star rated recipe from Food.com is PERFECT and everyone will love it – simple, delicious, and traditional. Enjoy!
Ingredients (Makes 1 cup of seeds):
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons melted butter (olive oil or vegetable oil also work well) or 2 teaspoons melted oil (olive oil or vegetable oil also work well)
- garlic powder (optional)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- seasoning salt (optional)
- cajun seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- It’s okay to leave some strings and pulp on your seeds (it adds flavor), but be sure to clean off any big chunks.
- Toss pumpkin seeds in a bowl with the melted butter or oil and seasonings of your choice.
- Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.