Recipe: Fluffy Bunny Butt Cookies
Spring is here and Easter has some of the cutest and brightest holiday treats. These adorable Fluffy Bunny Butt Cookies recipe from the Pillsbury website are easy and will be a big hit at any parties or family parties this weekend. Have your kids help decorate these lil cuties!
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 container (12 oz) fluffy white whipped ready-to-spread frosting
- 22 miniature marshmallows
- Spring colored candy sprinkles
- Optional: Pink gel food color
- Heat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, knead cookie dough and flour with hands until well mixed.
- Reshape dough into 9 x 1 1/2-inch log. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap. Cut cookie dough into 33 slices. Cut 11 of these slices into 4 equal wedges. Shape each of the wedges into ovals for bunny feet. Place cookie dough slices and bunny feet on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Let cool for 1 minute, then remove from cookie sheets and place on cooling racks. Cool completely (10-15 minutes).
- While cooling, using a medium microwavable bowl, stir frosting and 1 to 3 drops pink food color until well blended and you find the color pink you like best. Microwave frosting uncovered on High for 10 to 15 seconds or until soft, but not translucent.
- To make bunny butt, frost 1 whole cookie slice and 2 bunny feet with frosting. Place bunny feet on bottom of cookie as shown in photo. Place 1 marshmallow in center of each cookie for tail.
- Decorate bunny paws with candy sprinkles. Repeat with remaining cookie slices and bunny feet. These can be baked and frozen for up to 2 months before thawed and eaten.
FUN EXTRA: If you want to decorate more, you can add ears to your bunny by placing candy-coated almonds or jelly beans at top of each cookie.