Recipe: Mini Pumpkin Pie Sliced Cookies
Make these adorable fall & Thanksgiving themed treats that are the perfect size for snacking! They’re also pretty simple to make.
What You Need:
- Circle cookie cutter
- Pumpkin orange 20-second icing
- Stiff-ish crust colored piping icing (You may have to mix ivory with a little bit of warm brown}
- Stiff white piping icing
- Cut circles out of cookie dough (sugar or whatever you choose) and cut into pie slices. For these in the picture, it is a 4″ circular cutter. The size of the circle you choose will change the size of the “pies” you make. Then bake as directed and let cool.
- Flood the wedges with the pumpkin orange icing and let dry.
- For the “crust” on top, use a #101 tip near the left corner of the cookie, thin side up. Use a loose M shape until you get to the other side. To clean it up or make it look sharper, use a toothpick.
- To make the “dollop of whipped cream” on top, use a star tip with a #16 or #18.
- Put on a Thanksgiving serving tray that you can make for less than $2, and voila! A cheap and delicious Thanksgiving gift for friends and family.
Thank you to Sweet Sugar Belle for the great cookie decoration idea!