Fall Owl Wreath Tutorial
Try something new for your Fall decorations this year by making this simple owl wreath from Country Living. Here’s how:
Wreath base: Wrap burlap ribbon around a 16″ Styrofoam wreath form.
- For the first eye, using utility scissors, cut a 5″ circle from a sisal linen doormat.
- Trim a 2″ strip from the edge of a raffia table skirt, then hot glue along the outer edge.
- Next, hot glue the outer ring of a 4 1/2″-inch Mason jar lid inside the raffia, securing it to the sisal circle.
- Hot glue a metal bottle cap at the center of the ring and glue the circle with dried pumpkin seeds.
- Hot-glue a red wood bead inside bottle cap.
- Repeat for second eye.
Wings: Cut two 8″x 5″ teardrop shaped pieces from the sisal linen doormat.
Beak: Cut a 3″ triangle from the doormat, then hot glue with dried pumpkin seeds.
Assembly: In this order, attach the beak, then the eyes, and then wings, with hot glue. Enjoy your new Fall wreath!